BBQ Jackfruit Lettuce Wraps
Looking for something fresh and healthy to enjoy this hot summer? Try a combination of Frenchmaid Smokey BBQ Pulled Jackfruit with a rainbow slaw dressed in our Frenchmaid range of Mayonnaises! Packed with flavour, fresh and smokey, served in a healthy gem lettuce wrap.
2 tins of Jackfruit in brine
2 tablespoons Frenchmaid Cajun Seasoning
1/2 cup of Frenchmaid Smokey BBQ Sauce
100g Red cabbage, shredded
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1/2 red onion, finely slices
handful of coriander, finely chopped
6tbsp USA Style Mayonnaise (or Vegan Style Mayonnaise)
1-2 Gem Lettuces
Fresh Lime Juice
Pinch coriander for garnish
1. Preheat grill over high heat (200-250 degrees C).
2. Drain and rinse your canned jackfruit. Cut off the hard pieces off the ends of each piece of jackfruit. Add jackfruit to a large bowl.
3. Drizzle oil across and very gently combine. Sprinkle the Frenchmaid Cajun Seasoning across and very gently combine. Push 5-6 pieces of seasoned jackfruit onto a skewer. Repeat until no pieces of jackfruit remain.
4. Place skewers onto grill and cook for 3-4 minutes. Carefully flip and then cook another 3-4 minutes.
5. After cooked, push the jackfruit off the skewers and into the BBQ sauce. Stir together. It’s ok with the jackfruit breaks apart here in the sauce.
6. Cook on a low heat until the sauce starts to caramelize, and the jackfruit is tender. If the sauce starts to thicken or burn, baste with water.
7. Remove from the burner and add jackfruit and Frenchmaid Smokey Barbecue Sauce to a plate. Using two forks shred the jackfruit, mixing with the sauce.
8. Combine Rainbow Slaw and stir Frenchmaid USA Style Mayonnaise through.
9. Serve – Fill the gem lettuce leaves with BBQ pulled jackfruit, add rainbow slaw and top with a squeeze of lime juice, roasted cashews, and a pinch of coriander.